Saturday, January 24, 2009

When life hands you lemons




When life hands you lemons, paint your toenails.

Well, no, that is not how the saying goes, but Ben was having such a rough day on Friday, being a boy and being sick and all, I had to think of something! I kept Benjamin home from preschool, on account of him coughing, sneezing and runny-nosing everywhere. We played, we read books, we watched some TV. He tried to make the best of it but I could tell his heart just wasn't in it, poor little guy. I suggested Play-Doh. I suggested we finger paint. The answer was always a glum "No." The only time he really smiled on Friday was when I suggested we paint our toenails. His face just lit up and he said "But where is the polish?" Now, how the heck does an almost-three-year-old boy know the word "polish" anyway?


Off we went to hunt down some polish. Here is Benjamin applying polish to his toes.





Here is Benjamin applying polish to my toes.



Ta-da!! The finished product. Daddy was so proud (not!).


2 comments:

  1. Very cute... should have got Ben to do Andrew's nails too and then he wouldn't have felt left out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I will remember this for future sick days!
    Lynn B.

    ReplyDelete